Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Dead. Reborn



There is nothing to live for in this world
You tell me of love – I have seen it all

The Dead. Reborn

There is nothing to live for in this world
You tell me of love – I have seen it all

Just like the water flowing in river
Comes and goes – love is that fever
Love is that feeling which when reigns
Kills you silently, showing no signs
Nothing to live for in this world
You talk of love – I have seen it all.

I don’t know – why did I choose love?
There are thousand more ways to die, in this world
Nothing to live for in this world
This is what my friend had told.

I had seen my friend after many days
Though I couldn’t recognize him – but his was a familiar face
We both were sitting in a beer bar
I had drank two pegs so far
…Nothing to live for in this world
You talk of love – I have seen it all

His heart, – broken -, which he could not bear
The world he was seeing – he had everything to fear
I was keeping quiet, listening carefully
Every bit of what he was saying
In my heart I was praying
Understanding the situation he was going through
Unfortunate. Very unfortunate, but unfortunately true

For once in life – I had been through the same
In his voice I could feel abyssal pain
Hearing it, as did mine – anyone’s eyes would rain.
He got up from his place and wiped my tears
What a gentleman he was, I will remember for years

We think the world is only that much as we have seen
We define life as through which we have been
Look around the bar – there are so many happy people
Love is to live for in this world
And there are things more – let’s find them all

He smiled. I smiled. We both smiled
A lot of my time this bar had spoiled
I had to go now – the door was at bar’s other end
I got up and turned my back towards my friend
Before I would start, something caught my mind
I turned to look again at my good friend

Across the table, he was still smiling, looking towards my side
I recognized my friend in the bar at last
Who was that friend – in case you may ask…?
He was no- one but me myself – a piece of my life from my past
I was reborn that very moment, and so I could smile
Love is to live for in this world
And there is much more – let’s find them all.

-- Sagar Yadav

3 comments:

Manoj KS said...

Nice thoughts dude.. I really love the way you have put accross your crushed,leave me alone kinda feelings..

Unknown said...

where r other poems that u promised

DigitalHM said...

I like it! :)